Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Is your commute killing your marriage?

I suppose it's intuitive, but a recent Swedish study shows that longer commutes correlate to higher divorce rates.
If you think about it, it's not hard to think of reasons why this might be true: guilt of being away from each other, compromises in career, increased stress, etc.
It's just interesting to see a study that highlights this.

I often joke that my commute kills a little bit of my soul each time. Perhaps it's also killing my marriage...

From here.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Lurch! I happened upon your blog doing a keyword search analysis on Google (SEO). I've been thoroughly enjoying reading your blog! Very creative, fresh, and different.

    There don't seem to be many blogs out there covering this topic, which is very surprising to me. I would think more people would want to contribute to this conversation. There's real value in it.

    Likewise, I'm frustrated with the fact that many people are just as frustrated with commuting as we are, yet they are complacent and unwilling to do anything about it. That is what makes us both different.

    Our blogs have very similar goals: to provide possible solutions to commuting problems. Our blogs are our way of addressing the problem — being a part of the solution.

    Coincidence: I touched on this same topic briefly in my latest blog post.

    Looking forward to reading more of your posts!

    Nneka Jenkins
    trafficfrustrationblog.com

    ReplyDelete